Commercial ice machines are essential for restaurants, bars, cafeterias, hotels and offices. Also powerful brands likeIce-O-Maticit can malfunction from time to time. Depending on the problem, some problems may require a quick fix or deep cleaning, while other problems may require a service technician to fix these common Ice-O-Matic ice maker problems.
Here are common Ice-o-Matic ice maker problems and how to fix them:
- Ice-O-Matic icemaker does not produce ice
- The machine does not harvest
- If the harvest is too long and does not produce enough ice
- When making hollow ice cubes
- form problems
Ice machine not working?
First, make sure the machine is turned on and the selector switch is in the "ICE" position.
- Check Power Source – Make sure the power source is working properly by checking the voltage level at the outlet. Low or high voltage may damage the device.
- Check for blown control fuse: After making sure the power supply is good, check the power cord for damage or power wiring problem. Faulty wiring can only be repaired by an authorized service technician.
- Check High Pressure Safety Release – If the safety control wire releases, you should be looking for a problem that could be causing the high water pressure.
- Check for misalignment of bowl control: if so, adjust or replace. If it is defective, have it repaired immediately by an authorized technician.
- Verify that the liquid line solenoid valve is energized and open: To determine why the liquid line solenoid valve is not working, have it examined by a licensed technician.
Is the Ice-O-Matic ice maker not making ice?
If your Ice-o-Matic icemaker isn't making ice, here are a few things to check to find out why.
- If there is a water leak from the drain or water tank, repair the leak. A broken drain can also be a problem.
- The compressor may not work and there are some reasons for it. A faulty contactor or coil may need to be replaced, or it could simply be a faulty compressor, drain, or starting component. If you need to repair or replace these parts, contact an authorized technician.
- A dirty condenser can clog the air filter, so be careful.Sauberuse appropriatelycleaning solvent🇧🇷 This can increase pressure drop and affect airflow, which can reduce ice production.
- If the hot gas valve leaks during freeze cycle times, it will need to be replaced.
- If the Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV) is clogged or won't open properly, it may need to be replaced. Before diagnosing the valve as faulty, you should check if the refrigerant charge is too low.
- If the suction pressure is too low, the compressor will not work properly. Contact an authorized service technician to check the device and charge it if necessary.
Why isn't my ice maker making enough ice?
Many ice machine problems are related to the environment your ice machine is in. If your Ice-o-Matic icemaker works but doesn't make enough ice, here are some tips for diagnosing these problems.
- Make sure that the ambient air temperature is not too high. The maximum ice production for each machine depends on the ambient temperature in the location. If your location exceeds the recommended safe temperature control, the ice maker will not be able to produce the maximum amount. The ideal room temperature for maximum ice making capacity is 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the water line is clogged, unclog the drain clogs in the drain line.
- Machine cleanliness is important in almost all forms of ice making. If ice production is low, it could be due to scale, so it is important to thoroughly clean the ice maker regularly.
- Another reason your ice maker may not be making enough ice could be that the surface your appliance sits on is too uneven. Make sure the machine is upright and level on the workbench.
Does the machine not harvest?
The harvest cycle begins when ice is ejected from an ice mold. If the freeze mode for the harvest cycle is not achieved, refer to these troubleshooting tips to correct the irregular freeze pattern:
- An irregular freezing pattern can be caused by a variety of factors. If the compressor is working properly, the problem could be related to an overloaded system, a thermostatic expansion control valve (TXV), or a worn compressor.
- Leaks at the purge valve or hot gas valve. Stop leak by replacing valve or clearing blockage.
- Timer Problems: The timer start control may need to be reset or repaired by an authorized technician. If the entire timer has been defective for a long period of time, it must be replaced by an authorized technician.
- If the high temperature safety control is open, the bleed valve will not function when the manual bleed switch is activated.
The ice machine produces hollow ice cubes
Here are some common reasons why your ice maker produces hollow ice cubes.
- If the water used to make ice cubes is too hot, the ice will not form properly. Hot water is not recommended. The incoming water temperature should be between 48 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit (F).
- If there is a water leak from the discharge line, check for clogs or bad drainage. If there is debris or dirt in the drain, clean or replace it.
- Check if the timer module is working properly. If not, check to see if it needs adjustment or is faulty. If the timer did not start correctly, check to see if it needs to be reset or repaired by a service technician.
Ice-O-Matic Ice Maker Shape Problems
Mold growth in an ice machine can often occur when it is in the wrong location and under the wrong environmental conditions. It could also be due to infrequent or improper cleaning.
Ice is considered food byFDA, so it must be treated and cared for like any other food. Any part of your ice maker that comes in contact with water can develop scale, slime, or mold at any time. This can contaminate your ice cream and possibly harm your customers.
- If you find mold in your ice machine, clean and sanitize the machine according to the cleaning and sanitizing instructions in your machine owner's manual. (Watch theleadto clean)
- Make sure you and your team always use an ice shovel when handling ice and never your hands or glasses. Always keep the ice scoop clean.
- If you want to keep your machine away from humid conditions and areas of your kitchen that tend to get damp, consider moving it. These include preparation stations for large batches of dough, yeast, sugar, or other ingredients that must be handled in a high-humidity environment.
Is your Ice-O-Matic ice maker leaking?
Leaks coming from the outside of the ice machine are most likely a plumbing problem related to improper installation of the ice machine. You need a plumber to fix this problem. If the leak is coming from inside the machine, you should contact a licensed ice machine technician to fix the problem. Be sure to turn off your machine before inspecting it to avoid possible accidents.
If the source of the leak is the shutoff valve, check the hose for damage. If there is no damage, you can turn off the water supply and call a plumber.
- Check the drains and remove any blockages.
- Check the water line for cracks or leaks. Like a malfunctioning water shutoff valve, a broken or loose drain pipe will require the help of a plumber to fix the problem.
- Once a plumber or technician comes to fix the unit, they should give it a thorough cleaning to make sure there are no other blockages.
Ice-O-Matic Flashing Lights
The power button and the delete button on theIce-O-Matics Lift SeriesThe ice machines have different power LED lights so the operator can easily see when the machine needs service.
- The power and clean LEDs are solid blue. This means that the device is working normally.
Ice-O-Matic Yellow Flashing Light:
The Power LED is solid red, which means the device needs to be cleaned. The Cleaning LED is flashing slowly, which means the drive has been cleaned.
Flashing Red Ice-O-Matic (Fast):
The power LED flashes red. That means a maximum freeze cycle of one hour or a maximum harvest cycle of five and a half minutes.
Flashing Red Ice-O-Matic (Slow):
This indicates a thermistor failure.
Power LED blinks fast and Clean LED blinks fast:
This indicates a fill or empty error. The device has reached its maximum fill time or maximum purge time.
Resetting and restarting an Ice-O-Matic ice machine
If you see error codes, follow these steps to clear them and restart your Ice-o-Matic Elevation Series ice machine.
- Paso 1:Using a Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the two screws that hold the front panel to the chassis. Do not remove the screws.
- Paso 2:Lift the front panel of the device.
- Level 3:To turn off the device, press and hold the power button and the delete button for three seconds. When you see the blue and yellow flashing lights, stop pressing.
- Paso 4:Press the power button on the back of the device to turn it back on.
Getting an Ice-O-Matic ice machine for your business?
Ice tools are vital to the operation of any kitchen. Here at Culinary Depot, we look forward to helping you find the right ice cream maker, parts, and maintenance needs.
- Ice Machine Cleaner and Sanitizer
- Air Cooled Ice Machines
- Under Counter Ice Machines
- water cooled ice machines
- Combined ice and water machines
- Remote Control Condenser Ice Machines
Visit our online store orContact Ustoday for more information.
Why is my ice-O-Matic ice machine blinking red? ›
Ice-o-Matic says a flashing red light signals a thermistor failure. The thermistor is a temperature-sensitive resistor that measures temperature. It works hand-in-hand with the temperature controller. Malfunctions regarding temperature can prevent ice machines from making ice.Why is my ice-O-Matic freezing up? ›
Low water supply – If the water flowing to your ice machine is blocked up, it can keep your machine from operating at optimum performance. Too much water – If you have extra water leaking it into the machine, it can create large chunks of ice. Those chunks can block up your machine and cause your evaporator to freeze.What causes the ice dispenser to stop working? ›
A clog, leak, or damage in the water line may cause the ice maker to shut off automatically or otherwise stop working. Check the ice maker inlet valve and water supply tubing for any leaks, damage, or blockages.What causes ice and water dispenser not working? ›
Some common reasons for your water dispenser not working include broken connection of the supply line to the refrigerator, water shut off valve turned off, kinked water supply line, low water pressure, new installation, incorrectly installed water filter, door not closed properly, and the recent removal of the doors.How do I manually reset my ice maker? ›
Unplug the machine and wait 10 seconds. Plug the machine back in and press the ON button. You should see a blue light appear, letting you know that the machine has been reset.Where is the reset button on ice maker? ›
The reset button is usually located at the bottom of the ice maker unit or in some cases at the top or on the bottom of the ice tray. Once located, press the button down for a few seconds until you hear a beep sound. Once you hear the beep sound, let go of the button. Once reset, check if the problem has been solved.How do I force my ice maker to cycle? ›
If your ice maker has a switch other than the control arm, find it and toggle it. This is a simple matter of resetting the power to your ice maker. By flipping the switch off and back on, you may be able to reset the functionality so that your ice maker begins to dispense ice again.How do I make my ice cube stop flashing? ›
Q: How do you turn them off when you are done using them? These LED ice cubes are water-activated which means they will automatically turn off when … The flashing LED Ice Cubes do not melt or chill drinks.How do I test my ice maker sensor? ›
The ice level sensor is located on the right side wall of the ice storage bin and monitors the ice levels. If the sensor is blocked or dirty it could cause the ice maker to stop ice production. Check the following: Make sure that the bin sensor is not blocked by the ice scoop or any other items that may be in the bin.Why is my ice machine beeping 3 times? ›
The 3-beep error is the result of two consecutive long freeze cycles. The length of the maximum freeze cycle is determined by the position of DIP switches 9 & 10.
How long do ice O Matic ice machines last? ›
Seldom, though, will an ice machine last longer than 10 years if it is used everyday. A safe estimate would be roughly 4 to 5 years, or within the warranty of the machine. But beyond the warranty there is no guarantee. To extend the life of your ice machine, make sure you perform routine maintenance and cleaning.Will unplugging my fridge reset the ice maker? ›
Leave the refrigerator unplugged for 5 minutes. This will allow the ice system to reset. After 5 minutes, replug the refrigerator and turn the switch back on. This should cause the ice maker to start working again.How do you fix a system that freezes? ›
Reboot and Try Again
Press and hold down on the power button until your computer turns off, then press the power button again to boot back up from scratch. If you were working on something important when the freeze happened, you may be able to recover it, depending on the program and how it handles unsaved documents.
- Water Flow Issues. Perhaps the most common type of problem an ice machine can suffer from is with water flow. ...
- The Ice Machine Leaks Water. ...
- The Ice Machine Is Too Warm. ...
- The Ice Machine Needs Cleaning.
Find out if the inside water filter on your refrigerator is properly installed. If the water filter is not connected or inserted well, the water dispenser may not work. Make sure the water filter is locked in place properly. A clogged water filter is often a culprit of poor water pressure.How long does it take for ice maker to make ice after reset? ›
After you have installed your refrigerator it will take 6 to 12 hours for the fridge-freezer's ice maker to produce ice.How do I clean the sensor on my ice maker? ›
Manitowoc recommends soaking the probes in a nickel safe cleaner and then scrubbing the metal and plastic parts of the probes with a nylon brush. Anything too abrasive and you'll scratch the metal, which can ruin the sensor.Where is the ice maker sensor located? ›
The ice level sensor is located on the right side wall of the ice storage bin and monitors the ice levels. If the sensor is blocked or dirty it could cause the ice maker to stop ice production.How do you jumpstart an ice maker? ›
On GE icemakers made after the year 2000, you jump the icemaker by turning it off for more than 30 seconds. Now turn the icemakers back on and push the feeler arm in three times within 15 seconds after turning it on. Be sure to only push it three times because if you push it more it won't run water in.Where is the ice maker toggle switch? ›
|Style 1||Style 2|
|The On/Off switch is located on the bottom of the ice maker, which can be accessed by lifting and opening the ice maker door.||To turn the ice maker, "On" lower the wire shutoff arm. To manually turn "Off" the ice maker, lift the wire shutoff arm.|
What tells the icemaker to fill with water? ›
Once the ice maker has been connected to a power and water source (aka the plumbing line connected to the back of your refrigerator), the ice maker cycle should begin automatically. At the beginning of the cycle, an electrical signal is sent to a water valve to fill the ice mold with water.How long does flashing ice cube last? ›
Wash with warm water and soap. The glow duration of the Lighted Ice Cubes is approximately 24 hours on the flashing setting and 12 hours on the steady light setting.How long do LED ice cubes last? ›
The LED ice cubes can last up to 12 hours of battery life.Do you freeze flashing ice cubes? ›
Flashing Ice Cubes Description
Waterproof and made from food grade plastic, these fun little ice cubes can be frozen and so not only look good, but will also cool your drinks too!
But if you want to check if your ice maker is working, it comes with a test button to check its function. Don't press the Test button repeatedly; water may overflow or ice may jam, damaging your ice maker. In fact, we recommend to perform the reset no more than once per day.What does ice maker sensor do? ›
More expensive refrigerators will use infrared or other sensors that don't need a wire, but the principle is the same: they detect the level of the ice and disable the ice maker when it reaches a certain level.What do 3 short beeps mean? ›
Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the BIOS was restored.What does 3 beeps mean? ›
Usually, a 3-beep error indicates a system memory error. If it is, please check your ram module if it is seated properly. What is the make and model number of the motherboard?Can you leave an ice machine on all the time? ›
You need to leave it plugged in and running all the time if you want ice. If the unit is powered off the ice will melt and the water will return to the reservoir. This is just like your refrigerator or freezer in that it needs to be on all the time.How do I know if my ice machine is bad? ›
- Leaks. ...
- Half-frozen ice cubes. ...
- Diminished output. ...
- Bad taste. ...
- Louder-than-average noises. ...
- Get help with your ice machine.
How often should an ice machine be serviced? ›
Your ice machine should be cleaned and sanitized at least once every six months for efficient operation. This maintenance process requires you to first perform a cleaning procedure to remove lime, scale, and mineral deposits, followed by a sanitizing procedure to disinfect the unit and remove algae and slime.How long do you have to unplug a fridge to reset it? ›
The minimum time you should wait for a refrigerator temperature to stabilize is 24 hours, so don't rush things. If you're having problems with any of the above steps, schedule a repair with an Asurion Expert—they can help with your appliance repair needs.How do I know if my ice maker switch is on or off? ›
Look for a switch on the front of your ice maker. If you see one, simply flip it to the "off" position, and you're done. For GE electronic ice makers, there may be an on/off toggle switch. The I is for on, and a green light will be lit.What causes a system to freeze? ›
Typically, it will be a software-related issue or your computer has too many programs operating at once, causing it to freeze. Additional issues such as insufficient hard-disk space or 'driver'-related issues also can cause a computer to freeze.What hardware causes freezes? ›
A computer that freezes usually has to be restarted, but the cause of the freeze is not always immediately obvious. One of the most common reasons why a computer freezes is hardware, meaning the video card, random access memory (RAM), or another component may be underperforming.What causes a device to freeze? ›
There are several reasons why an iPhone, Android, or another smartphone might freeze. The culprit may be a slow processor, insufficient memory, or a lack of storage space. There may be a glitch or a problem with the software or a particular app.Does unplugging a refrigerator reset the ice maker? ›
Leave the refrigerator unplugged for 5 minutes. This will allow the ice system to reset. After 5 minutes, replug the refrigerator and turn the switch back on. This should cause the ice maker to start working again.